Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kindergarten Registration

I can't believe this day is finally here. It's been on my calendar for almost a year, and it's finally here!

I took Brady out of preschool a little early today and took him out to lunch before we went to register. He told me that they hadn't gone outside at school yet, so that was worrisome. To get some exercise, I asked him to do 20 jumps while we waited in line, and of course he didn't stop there. At lunch, he acted up the whole time we were there, couldn't decide what he wanted (even though he ALWAYS get the pizza), whined A LOT, spilled his milk (thank goodness not much got on him b/c I'm out of extra clothes in the car), and kicked his shoes off. I was worried. So when we finally got back in car, I did joint compressions and talked about behaving at the school and listening to the teacher. He was excited to go and told me he'd behave. When we got there, we had to wait in line, a short one thankfully. He kept pulling on me and trying to swing and jump around. Nearly pulled my arm out of the socket. Luckily, he took my suggestion of coloring the pages they had out for the kids. Once he got involved in that, he did fantastic. And did wonderfully on the testing. I think he was excited to tell the teacher everything he knew.

We went out for ice cream afterwards and then stayed and let him run back and forth on the sidewalk area for awhile. I'm so glad that this day is over and everything went reasonably well. So, I guess he's definitely starting next year! He's so excited and I'm very nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment