Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Homemade crash pad

I'm so excited! I finally got around to making a crash pad for Brady. Hoping to get the rings and rope ladder from Ikea at some point, and we can have a little therapy area. Plus, we're getting tired of the boys always pulling the couch apart just to jump on the cushions! I found a twin duvet cover at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $15, and as an added bonus, it's a super soft plush fabric. Last one left, like it was just waiting for me. I also found a company near me that basically does custom foam cutting for other companies. They let me use a bunch of foam from their scrap pile, and even cut it up into pieces for me. So excited! They'll be getting it for Christmas, and I'm sure it'll be a hit. It's now hiding in our unfinished basement, and I honestly don't know where it's going to live once it has to come upstairs as it's pretty big.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I was hoping you had a picture too. We make one (as needed) out of all the pillows on my bed (we have a lot of pillows ;-)). I debate on making one cuz of a lack of storage like you mentioned. I bet it will be a HUGE hit!

    Wendy
    Our Journey with SPD
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete